Friday, April 07, 2006

NORMAL LIFE: Happy Birthday To Someone Special Down Under!

As far as friendships go, I hardly know the guy! I was introduced to him on a night out last Summer by one of my friends who also live in Helsinki.

We got on really well and, the more I saw him, the more I like him then BAM! He had news, bad news for me, but fantastic news for him: he had been offered a job in a multinational in Australia, you see, and he would be stupid to turn it town!

Inside, I kind of fell apart. I had returned to the UK at the end of August and this group of guys in London were kind of like a lifeline for me, a supportive solid network of existing friends who took me in and included me in their bizarre weekends!

Well, it is that special guy's birthday today! And I do believe that he will be 30 (or am I wrong?!). Anyway, here's a special message based around the same melody of Madonna's recent hit Hung Up:-

Time goes by so slowly when you're so far away
And my days are grey
You chose to run and you're having all the fun
I'm fucked off
I don't know what to do.

Time goes by so slowly, time goes by so slowly,
time goes by so slowly, You're so far away, can't sing Happy Birthday to you!

One thing I must say, though. It's your birthday and Your Disco Needs You, laughing boy!

Have a good one xx