Sunday, August 17, 2008

NORMAL LIFE: Dancing With Miss Knight!

Last night was such fun! It started innocently enough, with Miss Knight and I downing pizza with Pimms. Later, the Swedish-speaking friend and his partner, M, joined us. Having moved from my seated position, Miss Knight noticed - and seemed to become obsessed - with a glass-shaped cock, which Bree had bought sometime ago.

While the three guests discussed the unique glass, I filled the glasses with wine and we proceeded to talk about funny experiences at work in our industries. In the meantime, Miss Knight received a text message - a guy she was dating seemed a bit clueless, regarding Miss Knight as a bit of a 'mystery'. Since when does playing hard to get make you mysterious, huh?

M toyed with my new camera, which was better than my flower, that's for sure, after the recollection of a guy who believed I was the latest exhibit at the Chelsea Flower Show! We watched a bit of the Madonna Confessions Tour on TV, each taking it in turns to perfect Maddie's ignorant hand waving! It was all good fun. This was followed by learning how to disco dance, Finnish sixties style!

Whilst online, we also watched a performance by Armi and Danny, two Finnish popstars in the seventies, singing I Want To Love You Tender - what stunning choreography!!

Returning to the living room, we downed Salmiakki Koskenkorva while watching Kylie perform Light Years/Turn It Into Love on DVD! Fantastic stuff, but by then I had reached the point of no return - I needed to go out dancing!

- see alternative version of Light Years here with Donna Summer's I Feel Love.

Within fifteen minutes, a taxi had transported Miss Knight and I to Hercules in Lönrotinkatu, with Shady Lady kicking off the evening's dancing. Straight after, this was followed by Donna Summer's This Time I Know It's For Real.

The music got camper by the minute and we were soon dancing to a medley of Madonna songs, no doubt due to her recent 50th Birthday: Hung Up and her hit, Give It To Me, played. We took a break, grabbing some Long Island Ice Teas.

Bree arrived after 1am, fresh - and sober - from his five year old god-daughter's all-day-long birthday party. This Is My Life by Euroband played, bringing a tear to my eye - Bree wouldn't dance and we would have precious few opportunities left to dance before I left for Australia at the end of the month.

Miss Knight handed me a drink, a concoction of Salmiakki Koskenkorva and Baileys, a very tasty combination. Named mummo tossu, which translates to Grandmother's Slipper, the drink is incredibly soothing. Oh, my god, I was having a täti moment in a nightclub!

The last song of the night was Vogue sung by none other than Madonna. Miss Knight showed no sign of flagging all night and had been the world's best dance partner. Oh, we had such fun...!

AFTERTHOUGHT: I was reminded, a few days later, about the Tom of Finland poster we had stolen from the nightclub! Miss Knight, you are a kinky one, but I love you!