Sunday, August 31, 2008

NORMAL LIFE: Oz Countdown - Departure Day

And so the day has finally arrived. No more countdowns, no more speculation. When I get on the 6pm flight from Helsinki tonight, by next Tuesday morning, I will have arrived in Sydney, marking the start of my One Amazing Year Down Under.

Saying goodbye to friends, aquaintances and colleagues has been difficult. Should this really turn out to be a one year thing, it is reassuring to know that I have a 'family' I can return to.

Of all the meetings, I was suprised during a last coffee-break with my Swedish-Finnish friend. Together with his boyfriend, they had created a CD of all the 'worst' covers done by Finnish artists of international hits such as Madonna's Like A Virgin and Lionel Richie's Hello. I am sure it will sound awful, but how original, eh? Thanks, guys!

Meanwhile, Miss Knight's relationship with her new man has moved up a notch and it fills my heart with pride to know that her relationship and the Swedish-Finn's relationship is going well. Meanwhile, Bree and I will have a bit of distance between us and his 'pragmatic' approach to realising my dream has made me realise - and not for the first time - how lucky I am to have him.

But I have written enough - this blog will now be temporarily inactive, but to keep up to date, hit the One Amazing Year Down Under blog from time to time. xxx