Thursday, December 13, 2007

NORMAL LIFE: Solarium Stupidity!

Something really stupid happened to me yesterday, something that I could easily have avoided. Ahead of jetting off to South Africa tomorrow, I decided to take some solarium sessions; before you judge me, accuse me of being vain or start wondering if I really am a girl, I have to point out that the solarium is a great way to 'protect' the skin from sudden exposure to the sun.

Since it is ~30C and sunny in Cape Town and Johannesburg, I am not taking any risks. Last week, however, I came down with a double whammy: a virus as well as a bacterial infection, which my doctor prescribed antibiotics for. Totally forgetting that some antibiotics are photosensitive, I was scared shitless when I woke up yesterday morning and saw that my skin had turned bright red!

I wasn't burnt, just really red, a result of the antibiotics' reaction to the solarium's rays! What could I take so that I would turn green, I wonder? Just for fun!