Tuesday, October 09, 2007

NORMAL LIFE: My Photographic Start

I just started an online Digital Photography course with the UK's Open University. I have to say I have been quite impressed by how the course has been rolled-out. The material is written in a study-friendly manner, the online tools are easy to use and Assignment One certainly got my creative juices going.

At first, I was a bit dismayed by the activity that we, as an online group of strangers, had been given. "Take pictures of letters, but not from signs, but numbers made by objects e.g. a rope may be manipulated into looking like a letter." I found some objects that looked like letters, but reverted to using some signs, simply because the Finnish alphabets has some lesser known extra letters such as 'Ä', 'Ö' and 'Å'. Check out my pix below:-