Wednesday, September 26, 2007

NORMAL LIFE: Decisions, Decisions, Decisions!

The decision I made last weekend will sadden some of my friends. At the same time, the decision has filled me with renewed excitement combined with an element of fear. After a couple of bad weeks at work, despondency has set in. Not known for procrastinating, I decided to grab the bull by the horns and, in doing so, was one step closer to rectifying what has surely been My Only Regret.

Yep, I have decided to quit my job, take one year out and visit Australia. Under the terms of the Working Holiday Visa, you can live in Australia for twelve months, but may not work for any one employer for more than six months. Sounds good to me; I can take some savings with me to supplement my income, Bree will come and visit as well as a host of friends and family.

The way I am feeling today, this is going to happen. Anything can change, of course, but I plan to apply for my visa soon so that if 2007's quota has been depleted, I can reapply in 2008. Exciting times ahead!