Saturday, September 29, 2007

NORMAL LIFE: They're Letting Me In!

Only last night, I was sitting at my PC at home, tapping in the answers for my Australian Working Holiday Visa when, suddenly, a remix of Kylie's Light Years/Turn It Into Love emanated from the desktop speakers. Tapping my feet to the music of perhaps one of the most famous Antipodeans, I tapped in my credit card details for the whopping cost of the visa, nominating my work email address as my preferred method of contact.

And, already, in the office this morning, I have received confirmation that my Visa Application has been accepted! Oh, my god, I can't concentrate anymore! Just like Austin Powers before me, I seem to have lost my mojo (at work), my head filled with scenes of the Sydney Opera House, the towering skyscrapers of downtown Sydney, surfer dudes, kangaroos, koala bears. I'm sure life there isn't that different, but what an experience it will be, eh?!