Friday, February 09, 2007

NORMAL LIFE: I Can't Hold The Silence Any Longer

Unlike the oh-so dignified Kylie Minogue, I can't hold my tongue anymore. That Olivier Martinez - who Kylie now refers to as "the Frenchman" - is an absolute pig-headed, heartless lowlife. I mean, how can somebody cheat on such a gorgeous woman who is recovering from breast cancer? Sounds like the guy couldn't hack it, and felt like he was lacking some kind of attention or something. Well, I hope this dipping of his wick in the wrong places has made him happy. When I first heard that Kylie was dating a Frenchman, I knew she would come to her senses one day and see the guy for what his people really are like.

Culturally, I would never partner an Australian, famous for their casual attitude, with a Frenchman who, in contrast, are famous for being arrogant, abnoxious and a little bit up themselves with their voulez, voulez, voulez nonsense! While I try to restrain myself by reminding myself not to believe everything I read in the British press, I read recently that Olivier (a poofy name, for sure) is overtly nationalist. Just imagine dating a patriotic Frenchman! I would rather shoot myself in the head!

In yesterday's edition of the Daily Mail, a journalist told of Why we all adore this very human superstar (even if she can't really act or sing). Having seen two Kylie concerts, I am amazed by her stamina and her ability to deliver a pleasing live performance night after night. For sure, Kylie has been an example for women to follow for more than two decades; words used in the article describe her are bubbly, bright, kind, generous, funny, happy, hard-working, loyal and down-to-earth, characteristics that are hard to find in celebrities these days. Given the fact that men continue to mistreat her is simply an indication of how her generosity is repeatedly being taken for granted. Or is it just true that all men are pigs?!

I've been a bit hard on Kylie's rival, Madonna, recently; in Kylie's absence from the music world, Madonna has enjoyed some renewed popularity. It's true, though, that "... when she [Kylie] is performing in one of her barely-there costumes, she never looks cheap. When Madonna wears next to nothing on stage, she looks like a transvestite." Sorry, Madonna, but I totally agree with this journalist!

Ultimately, I admire Kylie's resilience in maintaining her public profile during this latest setback in her life. She was quoted as saying last week that if she can recover from cancer, she can get over a Frenchman. Go, girl! And I loved the way she got him out of her life: by FedEx-ing everything from her properties in Sydney and London to the hotel room where he is staying in LA! Quality!