Thursday, February 08, 2007

NORMAL LIFE: I Was Right (Nearly!)

I have spent all of the last week moaning about British Rail, how expensive the cost of train travel is and how they are never on time. But all credit to them today. True enough, my train was 18 minutes late, but when you consider that five airports have been closed in the south of England as well as hundreds of schools, British Rail delivered today.

The cause: 10cms of snow. Given that I came to the UK this week to have all my health matters addressed, it's typical that my dentist calls me to tell me that my appointment has been cancelled because staff cannot get into the office. This is because of 10cms of snow! In part, I was right (see yesterday's entry here), but where all the others failed, British Rail triumphed!

Related article here, UK in pictures here and here.
Great forecasting tool from the BBC here.