Friday, July 11, 2008

NORMAL LIFE: Tools Is Cool!

Tools, the Finnish girl living in Sydney, is currently in Finland on her summer holidays. At a mutual friend's recommendation, the two of us met up yesterday for the first time. I should not have bothered getting nervous ahead of our meeting because we just gelled, you know.

We met outside Stockmanns and spent the evening downing sweet cider after sweet cider at the outdoor terraces in Mikonkatu. Tools updated me on her man troubles, I confided in her Bree's feelings about my upcoming trip to Australia. All the seriousness aside, we proceeded to giggle, with Tools declaring that I was 'funny ha-ha' not so much 'funny-la-la'!

Tools likes to cook, I like to iron and, without even realising it, we seemed to be devising a daily house rota like a pair of newlyweds! We had such a giggle, and I felt somewhat relieved that yet another part of the move-to-Australia jigsaw puzzle had fallen into place.

Don't you just believe that things - and the people that come into our life - happen for a reason? I met Vlad and Miss Knight through Hill, an English guy who used to live in Finland. Meanwhile, I met Tools through Mama Savolainen.

Thankyou, Mama Savolainen and, Tools, can't wait to party with you, babes!