Tuesday, June 17, 2008

NORMAL LIFE: Oz Countdown - 75 Days

I got an email from a friend this morning, asking me if I had booked my flights to Australia yet. I felt bad that I hadn't told her, but when I reviewed my calender, I realised that I had just 75 days to go!

It felt like yesterday when I posted the '100 days to go' entry on this blog and, only now, I realise that I need to get organised. I need to pick up things on the job applications front, find myself a decent insurance policy, chase up that potential employment opportunity, find a place to live etc.

I have this vision, since I will be crashing with a friend of mine for a couple of days when I first arrive, that I would be on his floor with guide books and road maps askew as I looked for new places to see, new things to do, somewhere to live. It's exciting, but also intimidating. Today, I really feel out of my comfort zone and, if I breathe in deeply enough, I might just lose my breath...