Monday, February 18, 2008

NORMAL LIFE: Detox - Down from 89.9 to 86.1

For someone from a family who loves their food, getting to Day 18 on what is only now starting to feel like a strict food regime is a hell of an achievement.

I am still feeling slimmer than I used to and so I should, having lost nearly four kilos (8.8lbs) since I started only 18 days ago. It's difficult to tell what proportion of the weight loss is fat and what is actually toxin, but judging by the visibily reduced size of my waist, I'm guessing it's a combination as well as some retained water.

One amusing thing is that I have noticed that I actually watch other people eat their food. While I am tucking into tuna salad, I'm salivating at my colleague's food as he or she eats pizza, spaghetti bolognese, steak. And the same thing is true at breakfast time when Bree, prearing his ham sandwich, lumps on a load of finely chopped, mayonaise-rich potato salad.

Gotta stop writing, I'm salivating again!