Tuesday, February 07, 2006

NORMAL LIFE: Men are under pressure too!

This is post is being created, having just return from my local gym. It's already February and I've only just started going to the gym after a six week long Christmas! Firstly, I would just like to point out that any man who says they wouldn't like to have a good body is in denial. And it's not to get the girls (or the guys, in my case!). It's more of a mental thing.

As my fellow blogger, Blue, quite clearly points out, women are under increasing pressure to look good. While the press doesn't target men in this respect, a lot of men also feel the pressure. I was in a straight nightclub recently and I was shocked as guys in their 40s actively pursued girls in their 20's - it was bordering on perversion and wasn't attractive, believe me!

I might be speaking for the gay audience here, but I have never felt as much under pressure as I do now to keep in shape. I'm a bulky, burly 28 year old in pretty good health, but when I look at a fitness magazine cover, I 'feel' fat (even though I am not) and they make me look and feel inadequate. The media has alot to be sorry for.

Check out Blue's post here