Monday, March 24, 2008

NORMAL LIFE: My Photographic Grade

Just last night, I returned from a ten day trip which saw brief visits to London, Chester, Manchester, Liverpool and Lisbon. I have yet to document this fantastic, but exhausting multi-site break, but in the meantime, I am proud to share some exciting news.

Last Autumn, I took the plunge and did a ten week Digital Photograpy course with the UK's Open University. Yesterday, not having heard anything since submitting a panel of what I believed to be my ten best photographs, I logged into my online space with the Open University where, thankfully, my grades were waiting for me.

In respect of my Visual Awareness and Technical Quality, I was awarded EXCELLENT grades. For the written component, I was granted a WELL ACHIEVED grade. Although I have always been confident in my photographic abilities, it's relieving to have your beliefs confirmed by a panel of professionals. Since the course, I have set up Ecliptic Images so be sure to check it out sometime!

As at the end of all courses, the question is now: where do I go from here? Does anybody know of any photographic courses that can be done alongside full-time employment?