Friday, February 29, 2008

NORMAL LIFE: Detox Ends

28 days have come and gone during which I have eaten no meat, no sugar nor alcohol, except for a one-evening slip-up earlier this week, which couldn't be avoided!

I have overdosed on vegetables, fish and rice-filled stuffed peppers and have lost an overwhelming 6 kilos (13.2lbs). My trousers are feeling a little loose so it will be interesting to see how my body reacts as I slowly reintroduce my it to 'normal' food again.

What I certainly won't miss are the oh-so-trivial glasses of beetroot juice (yuck!), the cold showers in the morning (brrrr!), the banning of tea and coffee and the partaking of annoyingly sweet soya milk. I have learnt to enjoy some new foods, however: goats cheese, fruits, salads, nuts and raisins. I also enjoy the daily spoon of honey melted in hot water - it takes away the craving for anything sweet quite effectively and also serves as an antioxidant.

So, I will look back on February 2008 as the month I detox. March will be the month I take up yoga. What? Don't laugh! They all laughed when I started doing the detox. Well, who has the last laugh there, eh?!