Tuesday, November 21, 2006

NORMAL LIFE: Looking At Me, The New MSc?

I am a Master of my own destiny. I am a Master, don't mock me! It just isn't me to act aloof, although some might consider me a poof! The news is I graduated yesterday as a Master in Marketing from the University of Glamorgan and it's such a relief to feel like I have achieved something significant.

I have been in further education for some ten years, first graduating from the Assocation of Accounting Technicians followed by the Chartered Institute of Marketing. The news of my pass didn't come as a surprise for my dissertation at least had received considerable interest and feedback which was an indication as to its validity and credibility.

What has surprised me, however, is that feeling of an anticlimax. Where do I go from here?, I keep asking myself. Ever the impatient type, I am just going to let the news settle in before I plan the 'next big thing'! Did I tell you that I have a Masters Degree? Let your employer know that there's an educated Englishman our there!