Saturday, October 28, 2006

NORMAL LIFE: Men And Their Boy's Toys!

We've been looking to buy a car together for ages. It would have been our first investment together. Considering we have been together for five years, it was high time we invested in something together. Moving wasn't an option because of exorbitant house prices. More important was for us to buy a more practical car. We started researching new cars, but in my frustration I started to question if we even needed another car in addition to the sports car sitting in the garage.

That is where the discussion was left, or so I thought. I visited the States last week on business and, on this day, I returned. I got home about 6pm, unpacked, put a load of washing on and waited for Bree to join me at home; he had been visiting his parents on this particular weekend. As the door sounded, I rushed into the hallway, welcoming him home with a kiss and a hug. We made a cup of tea and, about 30 minutes later, he said he had some news. He had a grin on his face; his grin normally amuses me, reassures me, but for some reason I could detect something was wrong.

His news was that, while I had been away, he had purchase a B-Class Mercedes! I was astounded, totally blown away by the fact that he had a) chosen a car he liked for the both of us and; b) bought the car while I happened to be out of the country. To add insult to injury, he even suggested that I pay half of the cost to which I responded "I don't even fucking like Mercedes!", something he has always known.

I'm still boiling over the episode, I really am. On one hand, I am annoyed that he bought something so expensive. On the other hand, he's landed himself right in it because I'm not paying a penny! After all, all I understood from the matter that we didn't even need a second car! Men!