Wednesday, June 14, 2006

NORMAL LIFE: Sandal Scandal

As planned, I went to the outdoor pool at Helsinki's Swimming Stadium yesterday after work. It was a gorgeous day, sunny with blue skies and temperature reaching the late 20s.

Without realising it, as I got changed into my swimming trunks, I forgot to put my brand new Merrell sandals into the locker. After three hours of napping in the sun, reading my latest book, The Unknown Soldier, and swimming, I returned to my locker only to find that my sandals had been stolen.

My own fault, I suppose, as I had left them unattended, but who in the world steals someone's shoes? I started to feel like Carrie Bradshaw (played by Sarah Jessica Parker) from Sex & The City when one of her expensive Jimi Choos broke! I loved those sandals and I'm gonna replace them after work.

But, honestly, what kind of person steals - and wears - shoes that somebody else has already worn. It's so scabby!