Monday, July 28, 2003

FLASHBACK #45: Last Supper in Tampere

And so it came, the end of my time in Tampere. Deep down, I wasn't sad to leave. My Summer Holiday was coming and, when I got back, I would be living in the same city as Bree and would also be starting a totally different job.

We had organised a night out with work. Fortunately for those of us who like a drink, Thing (the Chinese girl) and the Religious one couldn't make it! What a shame! A couple of my colleagues and I met at my place first and then Shy drove us into town in his new-acquired BMW.

We went to a Tex-Mex restaurant at Koskikeskus to begin with before visiting SUVI-laiva, the stationery boat with a bar onboard in Laukontori. There, Bree joined us and he spent some time talking to the snooty colleague I came out to in the March (read corresponding entry here). A good evening was had by all, but I can honestly say that it still didn't feel like I was actually leaving Tampere.

Yeah, my boxes were packed. Yeah, my clothes were packed for my holiday, but something just didn't register. The huge change that was about to take place just didn't feel like it was happening, you know?!

The evening wasn't a wild one and it was a good thing for it allowed Bree and I to go back home and put all the last things in their place before sleeping together, for the last time, in Tampere. I would miss this place, but I knew deep down that the best was yet to come.