Friday, December 22, 2006

NORMAL LIFE: No Longer Blue (Because of Blue)

This week, I felt honoured. Each day, I have met a friend, someone I truly value. They have wanted to see me and, in my yearning for social stimulation, I have wanted to see them. My depression of last week feels like it was a long time ago and the loneliness that overcame me has evaporated.

I left the office at 4pm yesterday and, as I headed towards Pasila railway station, the last of a dazzling sunset warmed my heart. It's funny how, in the modern world, we have come somewhat desensitised e.g. in the hustle and bustle of life, very little seems to impress us. However, when nature presents the awesome display of a sunset like it did last night, the animal inside us stares in wonder. I wanted to share these pictures with you, some of the fewer brighter days in Helsinki!