Saturday, August 05, 2006

NORMAL LIFE: Promotions & Old Applications

Since returning to Finland last Christmas, things have gone from strength to strength - I have continued my Finnish studies, embarked on a Masters Degree and found a great job as an Associate Product Manager in a truly global company. But lo and behold - I have just been promoted; I am now a Global Product Manager and am very happy.

In fact, I am especially happy for, having just returned an hour ago from Chicago, I received just one letter in my one-week absence and, fortunately, it wasn't a bill. It was a letter from a company thanking me for an application I sent them in February. I'm like hello?! Why have they even bothered to respond now, six months later? Bizarre! I feel like writing to them to let them know that things are going just great where I am and instructing them to roll up my application and stick it where the sun don't shine!