Thursday, August 31, 2006

NORMAL LIFE: The New Face of H&M is...

...the one and only Madge! At 47, there's nothing stopping Madonna, the catholic-turned-buddhist who is bound to have slept with your sister or your girlfriend during the course of her rocky, controversial career.

Admittedly, her last album saw herself successfully reinvent herself yet again, but I can't help but think, at 47, that she should sort of wind down a bit! Since Kylie Minogue has been diagnosed with Cancer, it seems that every gay man is back in the Madonna fan club. Well, if she wasn't airbrushed every year, we'd see her for what she really is and I can't say I envy Guy Ritchie for having to look at her when she wakes up!

Not only do I detest the attention-seeking and needy capitalist bitch (did anyone see that documentary on TV last autumn?), but I can't miss the huge, massive H&M advertising campaign currently doing the rounds in Helsinki where a larger than life Madonna (literally!) towers above the locals rushing to and fro below. As usual, she's above everyone else, free to insult groups of society with her provocative acts. I like her songs, but can't she at least act her age?