Wednesday, December 11, 2002

FLASHBACK #26: Qualified At Last

Once again, we were zooming towards Christmas and all the usual plans were being put in place: flight back to the UK for Christmas, office parties, last minute meetings with friends before departure etc. And, of course, the customary Christmas Shopping (yawn, yawn!).

The days were very dark and very miserable, but when I got home from work one day, I froze when I saw the letter from the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT). I overcame my fear of what lay inside, literally ripping the envelope apart and, YES!, I had passed my final Accounting Exam. I was now a Member of the AAT! Whoo!

It had taken me five years to do the three year course because of personal problems relating to the my hearing and the move to Finland; I actually found it very difficult to master the production of financial statements, but it didn't matter anymore. I had got confirmation that I could do it!

Straight away, I got onto the phone to my parents. During the call, I wept with relief. When Bree and I got together in Helsinki that weekend, he had a bottle of champange at the ready!

www.aat.co.uk