Saturday, May 25, 2002

FLASHBACK #15: A Date with Kylie (& Fred)

My return to the UK (on the Wednesday) from China was a welcome one - it had been such a different part of the world and the ten days of trekking in such a culture had somehow exhausted me. Unfortunately, my family were in Spain so there was no one to tell everything about my trip to.

I spent the first day just relaxing, doing my washing and watching TV. The jetlag was a bitch, but I stayed awake as late as I could in order to adjust to the timezone quicker. Anyway, on the Friday, a friend of mine, let's call him Fred, from Liverpool came to visit me down South. I had bought us tickets to see Kylie Minogue in concert at Wembley Arena and it was fab, it really was.

After the show ended, we headed to Soho for some drinks before taking the last train back home. It was great to see him, he is my best friend. I told him all about Bree and how things had been going in Finland. And by the time I had told him all there was to know about China, I think he was bored!

Fred is the content sort who often tells me how brave I am. He's very comforting, supportive and stable type, and will give me his honest opinion at all times. It is that kind of honesty - and the fact that he's got a laugh that makes you laugh - that makes our friendship work.